Ok, we have all “fall”en at some point in our training. Right? Currently, daylight is shorter and motivation is even shorter than the days. This fall, it is time for a BIG PUSH (Poosh)! Evaluate your goals, check your GUT (literally) and pull yourself up my the bootstraps!
We love this internet definition:
gerund or present participle: pushing
1. exert force on (someone or something), typically with one’s hand, in order to move them away from oneself or the origin of the force. “she pushed her glass toward him”
synonyms: shove, thrust, propel
Our challenge within this short BLOG is to ask you to PooSH a buddy! Have you ever considered how “pushing” a friend to work out also helps keep you accountable? Think about it… if you are unmotivated, having trouble making it to the gym… by ‘hounding’ a friend it also keeps you accountable to them as well. The motivator needs help at times too!
This week, make a commitment to PUSH a friend into working out with you. Do something different to challenge both of you. How about either:
- Indoor rock climbing
- 2-person private training session in the gym
- 2-person diet consultation in the gym
- Meet for an aqua aerobics class
- Take a martial arts class
- Go for a lap-swimming workout
The point is to try something new that will spark your commitment to each other and to the overall BIG TIME goal of living the fitness lifestyle.